Many Auslan/English interpreters have worked extensively across the education sector, including primary, secondary and tertiary education. It is important to acknowledge how significantly different the interpreter’s role is when working with adult learners from the role of the interpreter working in either a primary or secondary setting.
- The interpreter’s role in primary and secondary education
- The interpreter’s role in tertiary education
- The pressure to become friends with my student – should I?
- What difficulties may come up when interpreting in TAFE?
- Where are some resources to help manage the challenges?
- Why is balancing your interpreting workload important?