One of the least recognised impacts of pre-lingual and early life deafness is how significantly it affects English literacy levels. This is because the wider community does not wholly understand the impact of early life deafness.
- How do we learn language? Is it different for deaf children?
- What is the difficulty for deaf people learning English literacy?
- What are some examples of so-called “deaf English”?
- Literacy is a fancy way to say “reading and writing” – but are they the same thing?
- Click here to download a printable version of the information from this section