The new experience of working with Auslan interpreters can create some apprehension, confusion and, for some teachers, concern. It can feel quite odd to have another person, who is not a student, in the classroom with you. These feelings are natural and they will resolve as you become more familiar with working with interpreters and notetakers.
- Why are they there and why do interpreters stand next to me, but notetakers sit next to the student?
- What do interpreters and notetakers do?
- How can I work effectively with an interpreter or a notetaker?
- Click here to download a printable version of the information from this section
- Click here to download the FAQ Information Sheet: Working With an Interpreter or a Notetaker in Your Classroom