Higher Education at NMIT will be focussed on YOU!
NMIT is a leader in vocational education! This expertise transfers to our degree programs. We are highly committed to preparing you for the challenges of the 21st century as a global citizen ready for work.
Our graduates tell us how satisfied they are and how well prepared they feel once they graduate.
NMIT participates in the major Australasian Survey of Student Engagement
In 2011, first and later year NMIT Higher Education students scored NMIT above the national average on a number of key indicators of student satisfaction:
- NMIT is great for getting practical experience through work-integrated learning approaches and internships
- NMIT is great for helping students solve complex real-world problems
- NMIT is great for helping students understand our other racial and ethnic friends and colleagues
- NMIT creates a relaxing and welcoming environment for students
So, when you join us at NMIT you can be confident that our higher education programs will prepare you to be successful lifelong learners and capable practitioners in your chosen field.
NMIT will develop your creativity, critical thinking and interpersonal skills so you will feel confident on graduation that you can participate in whatever you choose next; whether it is further study or joining the workforce.
Current NMIT students have also told us a lot about their experiences at NMIT through the internal surveys we conduct to assure the quality of our programs.
- In 2012 80% of NMIT higher education students were satisfied overall with their learning experience
- 77% of NMIT higher education students believe their subjects are well taught
- 80% of NMIT higher education students in 2012 believe the subjects they enrol in are relevant to their future work
We are very pleased that over 50% of NMIT higher education students complete these online surveys.
These are very exciting times at NMIT and we look forward to welcoming you to join our vibrant community.
Graduates love NMIT
NMIT is authorized to conduct higher education courses by the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA) in accordance with the Section 4.3.33 of the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 and all NMIT higher education courses are accredited by the VRQA under Section 4.4.2.