Applicants are advised to ensure they understand NMIT's refund policy.
- Applications for refund should be made in writing on the Application for Refund Form available on request from the International Office and on the NMIT website.
- Upon approval the International Office will make refunds in accordance with the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) regulations.
- Tuition fees include AU$300 administration fee, which is non-refundable and non-transferable in the case of a student withdrawing an application after being accepted. (except in the case of a visa being denied).
- If, after payment of fees a student withdraws an application and presents a completed Application for Refund Form the following will apply:
- If written notice is received by NMIT more than 28 days before the commencing of the course a cancellation fee of 25% of the full semester fee will be deducted from fees received.
- If written notice is received by NMIT up to 28 days but more than 14 days prior to the course commencing a cancellation fee of 35% of the full semester fee will be deducted from fees received.
- If written notice is received by NMIT 14 days or less of the course commencing, no refund will be made.
- Where a student has been denied a visa to study in Australia a full refund minus an administration fee of 5% of the total amount of the course money received of AU$250 (whichever is lower) will be made on receipt of proof that a visa has been denied. Withdrawal of visa application doesn't constitute visa denial.
- Where a student is granted Permanent Residency Visa Status before the start date of the semester, a full refund will be made of the fees paid for that following semester. The student can then apply for a local student place, subject to the same selection criteria, tuition fees and service fees as apply to local students for that course. Where a student commences a semester as an international student and is granted Permanent Resident Visa Status during that semester, international student fees will apply for that semester.
- Where a student is granted a deferral or suspension of studies after the semester has commenced, a transfer of the current semesterâ€™s tuition fees will be granted. No refund will be made should the student not resume at NMIT.
- Where NMIT is unable to deliver the course to a student as agreed. NMIT will offer an alternative course, (acceptable to the student) or a full refund will be made.
- All refunds are made in Australian dollars or the foreign currency equivalent at the time and will be net of any handling fee charged by local representatives used by the student.
- Where payment of fees is made via credit card, refunds when approved will be paid back to the original credit card the payment was made from and not in any other form or to any other credit card.
This agreement, and the availability of complaints and appeals processes, does not remove the right of the student to take action under Australia's Consumer Protection Laws. Refer to Institute rule: Student Enrolment, Fees and Charges; Part E - Schedule 2 Rules for Refund of fees and charges for overseas students NMIT/IR/12/E2.