Under the Victorian Training Guarantee eligibly for a government subsidised place is determined by Citizenship, age and prior education.
If you are applying for a place in a TAFE course you will be required to provide evidence of Citizenship or Residency, and proof of age on enrolment. To do this you must bring in one original document or a certified hard copy from the list below:
- A green Medicare Card; or
- A current Australian Passport; or
- An Australian Birth Certificate; or
- A naturalisation certificate; or
- A current New Zealand Passport; or
- A Temporary Protection Visa; or
- Formal documentation issued by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship confirming permanent residence.
and where age is not on the document listed above you will need to bring in one of the following:
- Current drivers licence; or
- Current learner permit
- Proof of Age card
- A ‘keypass’ card
For further course or enrolment information contact the department. To confirm your eligibility for a government funded place visit the eligibility chart.