Overseas Qualified Professionals (OQP) Victoria provides overseas qualified professionals with an introduction to the Australian workplace and labour market and the opportunity to undertake an industry placement.
Benchmarked for excellence this Best Practice course has been successfully running since 1996. Over 2500 graduates with international qualifications have benefited by attending this employment focused course. Check out our fees for 2013.
This is a short course and students enrol in modules from the Certificate IV in ESL Employment / Professional. National Code: 21937VIC
OQP Victoria will help you to access a job in your profession or trade, at an appropriate level, by providing a range of services tailored to your needs.
Assessment and Support
- assessment of your work readiness
- identification of barriers to employment
- individual employment pathway plan.
- resume development
- interview and workplace communication skills
- workshops on the local labour market and Australian workplace practices
- group and individual counselling
- Australian management concepts
We assist you to:
- find industry placements in your professional field
- develop linkages with industry and professional associations
- expand networking and mentoring relationships
To be eligible for OQP Victoria, you must have:
- permanent residency in Australia
- a professional level of English language skills
- proven job search history in Australia
- information technology competency relevant to your qualification (where appropriate).
- overseas professional or trade qualification
- ESP Employability Skills for Professionals – Present yourself confidently to employers. Offers pathway into OQP
- OQP Employment Access for OQPs – A 10-week course for job ready professionals
- Flexible Delivery – a self managed online + work shop based program .
OQP Victoria delivers a range of study options. You can study full-time or online as appropriate. At the initial assessment, assessors will advise you of the most appropriate option.
Work Skills Support Centres
OQP Victoria's work skills support centres offer you job search facilities, metropolitan and regional labour market information and career advice.
Mon - Fri
8:30am - 4:30pm
2013 OQP Fees
|Full Fees 2013||Concession Fees 2013|
Next available OQP course: July 2013. We are currently interviewing for July 2013 intake.