Work Education Centre's courses provide individual training developed for each student by setting objectives to meet his or her needs and goals. They aim to give students the best possible opportunity to gain employment or to undertake further training and to maximise student's full potential in work and non work activities.
"Essentially, the format of the Work Education Centre or its critical philosophy centres around the uniqueness of the individual self. We find out about an individual - what their learning styles are, what they like to learn, how they learn best - and then create a structure, a course for them that reflects that learning style. It is also a good introduction for them to the way the world works, whether it be in work or non work terms." - Annie Russell, Work Education Centre Co-ordinator.
"A Certificate I in Work Education is delivered to students over a period of one to two years or on a part-time basis. The program is made up of core subjects and what we call vocational electives. Through those subjects, the students develop skills in communication, literacy, numeracy, independence skills and workplace skills. It's delivered mainly on an individual basis. All students develop their own goals, their own individual goals and they work towards achieving those goals." - Marilyn Crump, teacher.
Visit our website to read more on our philosophy, values, mission statement, and some of the stories from former students.
Young Carers Cooking Academy
In Partnership between Work Education Centre and CarerLinks North, Young Carers Cooking Academy is a new 6 week course. Prepare and eat yummy meals and learn new skills from a Qualified Chef.
Work Education Centre Newsletters
- Work Education Newsletter April 2013
- Work Education Newsletter August 2012
- Work Education Newsletter April 2012
- Work Education Newsletter November 2011
- Work Education Newsletter June 2011
- Work Education Newsletter April 2011
- Work Education Newsletter Xmas 2010
- Work Education Newsletter September 2010
- Work Education Newsletter June 2010
- Work Education Newsletter Xmas 2009
- Work Education Newsletter September 2009
- Work Education Newsletter April 2009
- Thursday 11 July 9.30am-3.30pm - Discovery Day - NMIT Building W, Rm W109, Jessie St Brochure | Form
- Thursday 3 October 9.30am-3.30pm - Discovery Day - NMIT Building W, Rm W109, Jessie St Brochure | Form
- Next series of Tafe Taster sessions start 25 July. Brochure | Form
You can download the list of Work Education Centre courses and information sessions.
- Click here to email us
- 03 9269 8390