Australia’s population is ageing and there are more and more opportunities to work with older people.
If you are committed to caring for the elderly and helping them to improve their health, well-being and independence, you can gain the knowledge and skills needed for a career in aged care.
These courses are for people:
- working in this field who want a qualification
- who want to work in this field
There are courses are in:
- aged care
- home and community care
You will find work in:
- aged care facilities
- supported residential services
- day care centres
- local government agencies
You will gain skills and knowledge in:
- the ageing process
- assisting older people with daily living
- caring for people with dementia
- occupational health and safety
- risk management
- culturally sensitive and inclusive practice
- networking skills and opportunities
- working in teams
- caring for younger people with disabilities
- communication with clients and colleagues
- safety procedures for direct care work
NMIT has fully equipped on-site practical rooms at its Preston campus that provide students with the opportunity for skills development in a ‘real to life’ setting.
Available Courses (2)
Want a meaningful career working with older people? NMIT’s Aged Care Certificate is a nationally recognised qualification which will give you practical skills and knowledge to work with older people and enable them to live dignified and meaningful lives.
NMIT’s Home and Community Care and Aged Care Certificates – a combined qualification opportunity. Want a meaningful career working with people? NMIT’s Aged Care and Home and Community Care Certificates are nationally recognised qualifications which will give you the skills and knowledge to work with older people and enable them to continue to live dignified and meaningful lives.