If you want to work in the design and construction of public works, civil engineering at NMIT is for you. As a civil engineer you can see your design ideas become a reality.
Civil engineers design and oversee the building of works such as:
- commercial and industrial buildings
- water, sewage and irrigation structures
- recreational facilities
- car parks
The course focuses on engineering drafting skills, which will help you to find work in the industry.
In the course, you will specialise in one of the following:
- geographic information
- civil drafting
- structural drafting
Gain skills and knowledge in:
- how to take account of environmental issues
- civil construction processes
- interpreting and processing survey data
- computer aided drafting
- drawing for roads, sewers, reticulation systems and reinforced concrete
- applying survey methods to engineering
- fabrication techniques
- analysing force systems
- structural steel shop and design drawings
- selecting engineering materials
- using computer aided design techniques and documentation software
Available Courses (2)
A blueprint for your future - work on large infrastructure projects and use your design skills to excel in the fascinating field of engineering and design.
Design your career for the future - work on important infrastructure in your community, bring your analytical and design skills and eye for accuracy to fruition with a Diploma of Engineering Drafting.