Working with people with disabilities is a very rewarding field of employment. If you get satisfaction from making a difference in the lives of disabled people, you should consider studying Disability Support Work.
This will help you find work in the disability support sector, or help you to get ahead if you already work in this area.
You could find employment in:
- in-house facilities
- day support
- respite work
These skills and knowledge will be gained:
- basic first aid
- clients’ medication
- helping with skills development
- safety procedures
- organising support programs
- legal and ethical issues
- working in the community sector
- ensuring skills development and maintenance
- promoting community participation and inclusion
- following safety procedures for direct care work
- basic food safety practices
NMIT has fully equipped on-site practical rooms at its Preston campus that provide you with the opportunity for skills development in a ‘real to life’ setting.
Available Courses (1)
Want to make a difference in the lives of people with disabilities? With NMIT’s Certificate IV in Disability you will gain foundational skills and knowledge to work in a valuable and empowering way with people with disabilities.